Before we give you a phone, as concerned parents, we need to make sure you understand how we want you to use this powerful device.
- I understand that it is a great privilege to have this phone. This is my parent’s phone, not mine. They bought it and they pay the monthly charge. If the rules of this signed contract are not followed, I understand that I will lose the privilege of using this phone.
- I understand that my parents will always know the passwords and can have 100% access to its contents, with no questions asked, and with zero complaining.
- I will answer a call if the screen reads “Mom” or “Dad.”
- I will turn my phone into the “night bin” every night at or before 7:00 pm. I will not sleep in the same room as this phone. (Or) I accept that the installed MMGuardian/KoalaSafe internet safety account will turn the app usage off at 7:00 pm.
- I will not use this phone in class, unless allowed by the teacher.
- If I lose or break this phone, I am responsible for the replacement cost or repairs.
- I will not involve myself in conversations that are hurtful to others. I will not text, post, or say anything hurtful or cyber-bullying to another person. I agree to not have secret accounts that are hidden from my parents.
- I will not download apps that have uncensored, anonymous or pornographic media content, like Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.
- I agree to not become addicted to my phone, to not use it at the dining table, when in conversation with others, or when driving in the car with family members.
- I agree to not view pornography or get involved with sexting on this phone.
- I understand that I will have “Restrictions” enabled on this phone and that filtering software will likely be installed until I am 18 years old. I understand that through the filter app, I will only be able to use my apps for _________ hour(s) a day on the weekdays and _______ hour(s) a day on the weekends.
I am ready for this privilege, you can trust me.
How we help teens and parents:
Sean Donohue Family Coaching provides coaching and mentoring to hurting and defiant teenagers, and we show parents how to restore love, order and communication to their family.
If your family is hurting or struggling with communication or defiance, we would love to partner with you and help you to restore love and communication in your home. We come to you. We don’t want or need “an office.” We connect with teens while doing activities they enjoy doing and meet with families in their homes.